Resources & Policies
• Ruah Woods- https://www.ruahwoods.org/
• Browse a list of marriage enrichment programs to find one that could benefit you.
• Read blogs written by Catholic married couples at various stages in their marriage. “Real Couples, Real Stories”
• Browse the archive of Daily Marriage Tips
• Browse through the archives of monthly Book Reviews
• Sign up for the Marriage Monthly e-newsletter to receive new content from the For Your Marriage site.
• Find marriage support in your local area by visiting the Marriage Support Map and choosing your state.
1 John 4:16: “Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”
Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”
1 Peter 4:8: “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
John 15:12: “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
southeastern indiana ministries
- Grief Share – All Saints Parish – Cheryl Wilhelm
- Loving Hearts Hospice – Bright, Indiana – https://lovingheartshospice.com/ (812) 932-0641
- Bereaved Parents, USA – Greene County Indiana Chapter – https://www.bereavedparentsusa.org/ Karen Hurst (812) 361-5146 – Helping grieving parents and families rebuild their lives after the death of a child.
- First Candle – Sudden Infant Death Syndrome – https://firstcandle.org/
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – 1-800- 273-8255
- Compassionate Friends/Bridget’s Cradle – Waldron, Indiana/Cincinnati, Ohio/Madison, Indiana – https://www.compassionatefriends.org/ and/or https://www.bridgetscradles.com/findsupport – The mission of The Compassionate Friends: When a child dies, at any age, the family suffers intense pain and may feel hopeless and isolated. The Compassionate Friends provides highly personal comfort, hope, and support to every family experiencing the death of a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, or a grandchild, and helps others better assist the grieving family.
- Through The Heart (miscarriage) – https://www.throughtheheart.org/our-story/
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Duane Fuchs – Dearborn County
- Al-Anon – Bright Christian Church & Margaret Mary Hospital – http://indiana-al-anon.org/meetings/meetings-by-district/district-13/ – At Al-Anon Family Group meetings, the friends and family members of problem drinkers share their experiences and learn how to apply the principles of the Al-Anon program to their individual situations.
- Safe Passage – Batesville, Indiana – https://safepassageinc.org/ – Safe Passage is a not-for-profit, 501c3 organization, dedicated to helping individuals and families live strong, safe lives that are free of violence.
Their Mission is to provide intervention services to victims of domestic violence that facilitate healing, independence, and empowerment, and to provide prevention and education programs that promote a safe, nurturing environment for the communities they serve.
- Catholic in Recovery – St. John, Harrison, Ohio – https://catholicinrecovery.com/location/united-states/ohio/harrison/ – Catholic in Recovery is a nonprofit organization that seeks to serve those suffering from addictions and unhealthy attachments (including alcoholism, drug addiction, pornography addiction, sex and relationship addiction, compulsive overeating and food addictions, gambling addiction, codependency and the impact on family, and general fear, control, and anxiety).
The organization was started by the passion of Scott Weeman as he found healing and new life through the help of twelve-step recovery and the sacramental love and mercy provided by the Catholic Church. We support parishes and communities with group resources that draw people closer to these two powerful sources of grace. It is the aim of Catholic in Recovery to share the Good News that God can bring about healing and recovery, even in the most hopeless of cases. (some meetings are virtual).
- 1 Voice Recovery – Aurora, Indiana – https://1voicesoutheasternindiana.org/ – peer to peer support.
- PALS – Parents of Addicted Loved Ones – Cincinnati, Ohio – Immaculate Heart of Mary – https://palgroup.org/
- Bright New Beginnings – Narcotics Anonymous – St. Teresa, Bright, Indiana
- We Do Recover – Narcotics Anonymous – CMHC, Lawrenceburg, Indiana
- Dream Catchers – Narcotics Anonymous – Methodist Church, Brookville, Indiana
- NAMI – National Alliance for Mental Illness – Southwest Ohio – https://namiswoh.org/about-nami/ – Zoom meetings
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, meets 7-9 p.m. every Wednesday – 5742 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
- SARDAA – Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America – https://sardaa.org/schizophrenia-alliance/sa-group-locations/ – online meetings
- Embrace Grace – All Saints Parish – Jennie Chafin – 812-307-8631
- Indiana 211 – https://in211.communityos.org/ – State of Indiana emergency placement Indiana 211 is a free service that connects Hoosiers with help and answers from thousands of health and human service agencies and resources right in their local communities – quickly, easily, and confidentially. We use statistical data (not personally identifiable information) from calls, texts and web visits to help shed light on the nature of social needs in Indiana for decision-makers and government across the state.
- Community Mental Health Center – 812-537-1302 – https://cmhcinc.org/ – Community Mental Health Center, Inc., founded in 1967, is a provider of comprehensive mental health services, addiction services, and physical health services, offering inpatient, outpatient, home-based, school-based, and community-based programs to individuals and families in Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Ripley, and Switzerland counties in Southeastern Indiana. CMHC is a Trauma Informed Organization. CMHC offers services at 19 facilities located in Lawrenceburg, Batesville, Brookville, St. Leon and Vevay.
- Compassionate Service Ministry – All Saints Parish – Lisa Crail/Annie Oelker.